Ask me again if I ride a horse to school.
1. You and your siblings had the same teachers and textbooks, even though you’re practically decades apart.
2. Your teachers also always doubled as your coaches.
3. Your field trips were usually underwhelming and five minutes away from your school.
4. You probably dated one of your friend’s exes because your options were limited.
5. Your idea of hanging out was probably loitering in a parking lot or in some field.
6. But you couldn’t hang out TOO late because your town had a curfew for minors.
7. You were forced to sell World’s Finest Chocolate bars for literally any school event.
8. You were probably late to school once or twice because you got stuck behind a damn tractor.
9. Every Friday night was dedicated to sports, whether you liked it or not.
10. And every sporting event always made headline news in your local paper.
11. If you wanted new clothes for school, you had to travel a MINIMUM of 30 minutes to find the nearest mall.
12. And the parking lot was always full of pickup trucks.
13. Chances are you or someone you knew was in FFA or 4H.
14. And if you wanted to go on a date with that hot person from class, chances are you went to Dairy Queen or Sonic.
15. You quickly realized your teachers had a life outside of school because you ran into them often.
16. The rodeo and county fair were the most talked about events at your school.
17. You spent the majority of your time outside of school just cruising and doing stupid shit around town.
18. But you wouldn’t trade the experience for anything in the world.